How to Make Vegetable and
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh red chili
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1.5 kg / 3 lb lean beef, cubed
- 2 x 400 g / 13 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups / 500 ml / 16 fl oz beef stock
- 1.3 kg / 2 lb 10 oz potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 250 g / 8 oz green beans, sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup / 250 ml / 8 fl oz low-fat natural yoghurt
- Heat the oil in a large pan over low heat. Add in the onions and
cook for 20 minutes, stirring constantly. Make sure they begin to
- Add in the ginger, garlic, chili, cardamom, coriander, turmeric,
cumin and cloves. Stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the beef to the pan and stir thoroughly. Make sure the beef
is well coated.
- Add in the tomatoes and beef stock to the beef mixture, then bring
to a boil. Reduce the heat to very low, cover well and allow to
simmer for 2 hours.
- Add in the potatoes to the pan and cook for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the pan, then add in the beans and carrots. Continue to cook
for 20 minutes. Make sure the vegetables are tender and the sauce
- Stir in the yoghurt, heat through and serve.
Nutrition per serving:
- 390 kcalories, protein 45 g, fat 8 g, carbohydrate 30 g, dietary
fiber 6 g, cholesterol 120 mg