How to Make Pumpkin and
Broad Bean Risotto?
- 350 g / 12 oz pumpkin
- cooking oil spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic
cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup / 220 g / 7 oz Arborio rice
- 3 cups / 750 ml / 24 fl oz vegetable stock
- 200 g / 6 1/2 oz Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 2 cups / 310 g / 10 oz frozen broad beans, defrosted, peeled
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F. Cut the pumpkin into small chunks
and spray lightly with oil, on a baking tray.
- Bake the pumpkin, for 20 minutes or until tender, turning
occasionally. Set aside, covered.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan. Add in the onion
and garlic, then cover and cook for 10 minutes over low heat. Put
the stock in a pan and keep at simmering point.
- Add in the rice to the onion and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually stir
in 1/2 cup / 125 ml / 4 fl oz of the hot stock, until absorbed. Stir
in another 1/2 cup / 125 ml / 4 fl oz of hot stock until absorbed.
- Add in the mushrooms and continue adding the remaining stock, a
little at a time, until it is all absorbed and the rice is just
tender (this will take about 20 minutes).
- Stir in the cooked pumpkin and the broad beans. Sprinkle with the
Nutrition per serving:
- 425 kcalories, protein 20 g, fat 12 g, carbohydrate 60 g, dietary
fiber 10 g, cholesterol 20 mg