How to Make Prawns and
Peas Egg Fried Rice?
- 500 g / 18 oz basmati rice
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 red chilis, seeded and shredded
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 bunches spring onions, finely sliced
- 400g / 16 oz frozen peas
- 2 x 285g pack cooked peeled small prawns
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus extra to serve (optional)
- Pour 600ml / 1 pint water in a pan. Put the rice in the pan and
bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan properly with the lid. Allow to simmer for
approximately 12 minutes. Make sure the water has gone. Remove the
pan from the heat. Leave covered for 6 minutes.
- In a large wok, heat the oil. Add in the chilis and garlic and cook
for about 15 seconds.
- Add in the cooked rice and allow to stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes, then
push the rice mixture to the side of the wok. Pour in the eggs to
the space in the pan and scramble.
- Once they are set, stir in the spring onions and peas to the wok.
Continue to cook for 3 minutes. Make sure the peas are tender.
- Add in the prawns to the fried rice and drizzled with the soy sauce.
Heat through the wok of rice.
- Divide evenly among the serving plates and serve warm.
Nutrition per serving:
- 415 kcalories, protein 30 g, carbohydrate 55 g, fat 10 g, dietary
fiber 3 g, sugar 2 g, salt 2 g