How to Make Prawn Fried Rice?
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- cooking oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 350 g / 12 oz raw prawns, peeled, deveined and halved lengthways
- 100 g / 3 1/2 oz cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup / 80 g / 2 3/4 oz frozen peas
- 180 g / 6 oz sliced light ham, cut into small strips
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 4 cups (750 g/11/2 lb) cooked white and wild rice blend
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- Lightly spray a non-stick wok with oil and pour in the egg white.
Cook over low heat, stirring until the egg is just cooked and
slightly scrambled, then remove and set aside.
- Add in the garlic, prawns, chicken, peas, ham and bell pepper to the
wok and stir-fry for 4 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked.
- Add in the spring onion, rice, soy and fish sauces and sugar and
toss for 30 seconds, or until heated through. Add the egg, toss
lightly and serve.
Nutrition per serving:
- 600 kcalories, protein 35 g, Fat 3 g, carbohydrate 100 g, dietary
fiber 4 g, cholesterol 115 mg