How to Make Penne with
Ricotta and Basil Sauce?
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped, rind and fat removed
- 500 g / 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup / 60 g / 2 oz finely chopped fresh basil
- 325 g / 11 oz penne
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan, then add in the garlic, onions, spring onion
and bacon and stir over medium heat for 8 minutes. Make sure they
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the ricotta and chopped basil,
then beat until smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of rapidly boiling salted
water for 12 minutes, or until al dente.
- Just prior to draining the pasta, add about a cup of the pasta water
to the ricotta mixture to thin the sauce. Season well.
- Drain the pasta, then stir the sauce through. Add in the tomato
halves and serve.
Nutrition per serving:
- 440 kcalories, protein 18 g, fat 9 g, carbohydrate 60 g, dietary
fiber 5 g, cholesterol 35 mg