How to Make Pasta with
Roasted Tomato Sauce?
- 1 kg / 2 lb ripe Roma tomatoes
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml / 4 fl oz dry white wine
- 1 cup / 250 ml / 8 fl oz vegetable stock
- 500 g / 1 lb tagliatelle
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F. Cut the tomatoes, with a knife,
in half lengthways. Arrange the tomatoes with cut-side up, in the a
- Sprinkle a tablespoon water over to prevent the tomatoes from
catching. Add in the garlic and drizzle the oil over the mixture.
- Add in the basil. Season with salt and black pepper. Bake for
approximately 30 minutes. Make sure they are soft. Then remove from
- Heat the baking dish over the low heat. Add in the vinegar, white
wine and stock. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat
and let simmering for 18 minutes.
- Chop the tomatoes roughly, retaining the juices. Squeeze out the
garlic of the skin. Stir in the garlic and tomato to the simmering
sauce. Season to taste.
- In a large pan of rapid boiling salted water, cook in the pasta for
approximately 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain the water.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan before
Nutrition per serving:
- 510 kcalories, protein 20 g, fat 3 g, carbohydrate 90 g, dietary
fiber 10 g, cholesterol 5 mg