How to Make Meatball
- 1 cup fresh button mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1/3 cup thin bite-size strips red sweet pepper
- 6 x 1-oz refrigerated Italian-style cooked turkey meatballs
- 1 x 8-oz can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 oz dried multigrain spaghetti
- fresh basil, to garnish
- In a 2-quart slow cooker, combine the mushrooms, onion and sweet
pepper. Top with the meatballs.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian
seasoning and garlic. Pour over the mixture to the cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting about 5 hours or on high settings
about 2 1/2 hours.
- To serve, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
Divide spaghetti between serving plates. Top with meatball mixture.
Garnish with fresh basil.
Nutrition per serving:
- 357 kcalories, fat 12 g, cholesterol 91 mg, sodium 435 mg,
carbohydrate 37 g, dietary fiber 8 g