How to Make Lentil and
- 250 g / 9 oz easy-cook basmati rice
- 3 red onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 140 g / 5 oz smoked haddock fillet
- 140 g / 5 oz haddock fillet
- 250g pack ready-cooked Puy lentils
- 1 lemon, zest peeled and lemon cut into wedges
- 1 bunch flatleaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- 25g / 1oz toasted flaked almonds, to garnish
- Cook the rice until just tender and drain.
- While waiting, heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Place
the onions in the pan and fry over a medium heat for 10 minutes
until they turn golden.
- Boil some water in a shallow pan, then place the haddock fillets in
the pan. Poach for approximately 5 minutes until it is just cooked.
Drain and tear into large flakes.
- In a plate, place half the onions and set aside.
- Stir in the rice and lentils into the pan with onions and carefully
fold in the fish. Add in the lemon zest and parsley to heat through.
Sprinkle the reserved onions over and garnish with almonds. Arrange
the lemon wedges on the side.
- Ready to serve.
Nutrition per serving:
- 465 kcalories, protein 25 g, carbohydrate 70 g, fat 10 g, dietary
fiber 7 g, sugar 5 g, salt 1.4 g