How to Make Lamb Cutlets
with Cannellini Puree?
- 4 lamb cutlets
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 400 g / 13 oz cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup / 65 ml / 2 fl oz lemon juice
- cooking oil spray
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and cracked black pepper
- Trim excess fat of the cutlets and scrape the fat away from the
bones, then arrange the cutlets in a single layer in a shallow dish.
- Slice 1 garlic clove thinly. In a bowl, mix the garlic cloves with
the rosemary. Add in the oil and season with the salt and black
- Pour over the seasoning to the meat. Cover well and chill it for
about 50 minutes.
- In a food processor, add in the cannellini beans, the remaining
garlic, cumin and half the lemon juice and puree until blended.
Transfer the mixture to a pan and set aside.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan lightly with oil. Add in the cutlets
and cook over the medium heat for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Add in the vinegar to the pan and continue to cook for another
minute, turning to coat. Transfer the cutlets from the pan and cover
the cutlets to keep them warm.
- Add in the remaining lemon juice to the pan and simmer for about 2
minutes, until it becomes slightly thick.
- Warm the puree over medium heat and serve with the cutlets.
Nutrition per serving:
- 370 kcalories, protein 30 g, fat 7 g, carbohydrate 40 g, dietary
fiber 3 g, cholesterol 50 mg