How to Make Fish Burgers
with Tartare Sauce?
- 750 g / 1 1/2 lb white fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 finely chopped gherkins
- 520 g / 18 oz potatoes, cooked and mashed
- plain flour, for dusting
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 hamburger buns
- lettuce leaves
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- salt and pepper
For tartare sauce:
- 135 g / 4 1/2 oz low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons capers, finely chopped
- 3/4 finely chopped gherkin
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon malt vinegar
- In a large frying pan, put in the fillets. Fill water to the pan
until it just enough to cover the fillets.
- Heat the water, make sure you do not boil it. Cover with the lid and
cook over low heat. Make sure the fish is just cooked. Do not over
cook. Pat dry the fish using some paper towels.
- Transfer the fillets to a large bowl. Use a fork to flake the
- Add in the dill, parsley, capers, lemon juice, mashed potato and
gherkin. Add in salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into six equal portions. then shape them into
patties. Dust with flour lightly. Keep in the refrigerator on for
about 50 minutes.
- While waiting, prepare the tartare sauce by mixing mayonnaise,
capers, gherkin, parsley, lemon juice and vinegar in a large bowl.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat the oil. Add in the patties
and allow to cook for 6-7 minutes on each side. Make sure they are
well browned and heated through.
- Cut the buns in half and toast them. Place the lettuce leaves onto
each bun, then add in a few slices of tomato and patties. Spread
some tartare sauce over.
Before serving, cover with bun tops.
Nutrition per serving:
- 560 kcalories, protein 38 g, fat 14 g, carbohydrate 67 g, dietary
fiber 7 g, cholesterol 90 mg