How to Make Baked Thyme
and Porcini Risotto?
- 2 x 25g pack dried porcini mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 teaspoons thyme leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 700 g / 24 oz risotto rice
- 1.5 liter / 2 1/2 pints / 6 1/3 cups hot vegetable stock
- 100 ml / 3 1/2 fl oz white wine
- a handful of grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Prepare 850 ml / 28 fl oz boiling water. Place the mushrooms in a
bowl, then pour in the boiling water. Set aside and allow the
mushrooms to soak for 15 minutes.
- In an ovenproof pan, heat the oil and fry the onions for about 2-3
minutes until they become soft.
- Add in the garlic, then cook for additional 1 1/2 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- Drain the mushrooms and reserve the liquid. Chop the mushrooms.
- Add in the mushrooms, followed by thyme and rice to the pan. Stir
well. Pour the mushroom liquid over, then add in the stock and wine.
Bring he mixture to a boil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes. Make
sure the rice is just cooked and all the liquid has gone. Add in the
grated Parmesan to the risotto.
- Sprinkle the extra thyme leaves and serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving:
- 370 kcalories, protein 8 g, carbohydrate 73 g, fat 6 g, dietary
fiber 2 g, sugar 5 g, salt 0.6 g