Facts About Velvet Apple
The velvet apple or mabolo, which scientific name is called Diospyros discolor
or Diospyros blancoi is an evergreen tree indigenous to the
Philippines. The velvet apple is also called Sagalat in Malaysia or
Peach Bloom in India. The tree produces gorgeous velvety reddish
orange colored fruits for the shape and size of an apple fruit and
covered by a velvet-like skin. The fruit in red is extremely
prestigious in certain regions, but not really known in many parts
of the planet. The velvet apple carries a pleasant gently sweet
taste, just like a peach, but comes with an odor that resembles a
cheese, which many people find uncomfortable.
Health Benefits of Velvet Apple
- Decoction of the bark of velvet apple is applied to be a remedy to
cough and stomach ache.
- Decoction of leaves of velvet apple is utilized to treat fever and
also skin diseases.
- Velvet apple is used to be an ingredient in medicine to treat
diarrhea, dysentery and diabetes.
- Decoction of bark and leaves of velvet apple can be used for bath to
get rid of skin diseases.
In some Southeast Asian countries, unripe velvet apple juice is
applied to wounds. Infusion of the fruit is utilized as gargle to
combat aphthous stomatitis.
- In Bangladesh, the bark and leave juice of velvet apple has been put
to use for snakebites.
The bark and leaves are also used to make
- In the Guiana, velvet apple is used to fight against colds,
diarrhea, heart disease, high blood pressure,
stomach ache and spider bite.
- Apart from the mabolo health benefits mentioned earlier,
12 specific indigenous Taiwanese plants, such as Diospyros discolor,
were analyzed regarding their antioxidant activity. Diospyros
discolor extracts confirmed to have plentiful phenolic constituents
indicating a possible source of antioxidants.
Velvet Apple Calories and Nutritional
per 100 g Velvet Apple
Velvet Apple Recipe
Mabolo Bubble Bath Recipe
1 teaspoon velvet apple fragrance
2 oz glycerin liquid
5 oz castille soap
5 cups water
Mix all the ingredients together and shake well.
Discharge in flowing water, get ready to enjoy the bath along with
nutritional water to enhance your skin.