Pineapple (scientific name Ananas comosus) is one of the members of
the Bromeliaceae family. The Spanish term for pineapple, pina, as
well as the origin of its name in English, shows that the fruit
looks like the pinecone.
Pineapples possess a wide cylindrical appearance, a scaly yellow,
brown or green skin along with a royal crown of blue-green, spiny
leaves. The flesh of pineapple is yellow with an attractive tropical
taste which balances the flavors of sweet and sour. The portion
nearer to the bottom of a pineapple contains more sugar and
consequently tastes sweeter and with more soft texture.
Health Benefits of Pineapples
- Bromelain in pineapples is identified to be a valuable
anti-inflammatory, powerful in reducing inflammation and aiding in
the therapy of conditions like sore throat, acute sinusitis,
and arthritis. For improved effectiveness, pineapple ought to be
consumed between meals with no additional food. This is due to
another property of bromelain, which is as a help to digestive
system. If consumed for some other foods, health benefits of
bromelain will be utilized in assisting to digest some other foods.
- Pineapple has substantial levels of antioxidants.
An excellent source of ascorbic acid, pineapple provides your body a
very good defense from free-radicals, elements that attack healthy
body cells. An accumulation of free-radicals may result in
atherosclerosis and also diabetic heart problems, a rise in
episodes as well as an elevated risk of growing certain cancers,
including colon cancer. Free-radicals are also proven to accentuate
the issues related to rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Vitamin C, the human body's most essential water-soluble antioxidant
has been proven very helpful in combating and facilitating treatment
for all these problems.
Vitamin C is, naturally, also a fantastic cold and flu virus fighter
because of its significance to the appropriate functioning of the
body's defense mechanism.
- Pineapple is also rich in manganese, a mineral needed in several of
the enzymes important to your body for energy creation.
Additionally, it offers great quantities of vitamin B1 that is also
essential in these energy-creating enzymes.
- Pineapple along with other fruit is found to be significant in
keeping excellent eye health, assisting to prevent macular
degeneration, a type of age-related eye
complications. 3 servings of fruit daily, especially those rich in
antioxidants, is shown to reduce your risk of getting this
potentially devastating condition.
- You can even get certain valuable molecules in the pineapple stems,
according to Australian researchers. These molecules are found to act
like a protection against certain kinds of cancer. The kinds of
cancer helped by these molecules include ovarian, breast, skin, lung
and colon cancer.
|Nutrition value per 100 g
How to Choose and Buy Pineapples
- Look for a pineapple that is heavy for its size, or else they may
turn out dry and tasteless.
- Select pineapples that look, feel and also smell clean with no awful
or moldy marks on the exterior.
- Since pineapple stops ripening once harvested, pick carefully and do
not choose one that seems immature.
How to Store Pineapples
- Pineapples may be stored at room temperature but they will spoil
quickly and need to be monitored properly. To keep it for a longer
time, insert into a plastic bag and then store in the refrigerator
for approximately 5 days.
- If you have sliced the pineapple, keep unfinished pieces in the
refrigerator in an airtight container . Make sure they are used to
the soonest possible.
- Pineapples may be frozen but this is going to change the taste, so
- To start with, get ready a pineapple diet eating plan for the
subsequent 7 to 10 days or so. The pineapple diet is supposed to be
an additional diet, not solely what you take in for weeks.
- Consider three modest meals with two light snacks (snacks
comprise all pineapples)
daily. Having smaller meals regularly is a portion of the pineapple
diet, and typical diet knowledge.
- Pick the 2 days weekly that are going to be your own "all-pineapple
days." Generally on these particular days you consume pineapple
along with water and that's all, before returning to an ordinary
diet plan. These specific days must not be consecutive.
- It requires plenty of perseverance, however keep with it. If you are
taking in sensible low-fat, low-calorie meals with the pineapple and
drinking water, you would notice the results pretty quickly.
- 4 tangerines
- 1 big red apple
- 1 big carrot
- 1/2 mango, peeled and pitted
- 2 pieces 1/2-inch thick pineapple, peeled
- Peel the rind from the tangerines, leaving behind the yellowish
- Slice the apple with a sharp knife into quarters, detaching
the stem and also blossom end. Then, cut the top from the carrot.
- Process all the ingredients in an electric juice machine and serve