Health Benefits of Eating Lemongrass Herb
- Lemongrass contains numerous antioxidant, antifungal,
and anti-tumor agents.
- The herb is known to treat fever, cold and cough and is good to help
improve the immune system of your body.
- It helps relieve colic, flatulence, indigestion and
- Lemongrass is useful to detoxify and cleanse the liver, kidney,
pancreas, bladder and also the digestive system.
- This wonderful herb is rich in vitamin A that is beneficial to
people who would like to have good eyesight and a smooth skin.
- Lemongrass can also help you relax and is excellent for stress
- Lemongrass tea is a perfect remedy to alleviate muscle spasms,
headaches and rheumatism in certain people.
- A scientific study in 2005 by Ben Gurion University discovered that
lemongrass oil can kill cancer cells.
- Based on the report by Sun Star Network, the herb contains diuretic
- Lemongrass may also assist you in weight loss, particularly when
adopted in a diet plan along with regular exercise.
Lemongrass Essential Oil Properties
- Lemongrass volatile oil is a strong antiseptic that is great in
various ways. It is good at curing microbial infection, and treating
skin problems. It is additionally powerful in getting rid of oily
skin, pimples and acne.
- Combination of natural essential oil of lemongrass and eucalyptus
can be made into refreshing shower fizzer that is fantastic to
Overview and Facts about Lemongrass Herb
Lemongrass (scientific name Cymbopogon) is an evergreen
plant, native to India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Myanmar, Southeast Asia
and Australia. There are numerous related varieties of lemongrass (or spelled as
"lemon grass" sometimes), which belong to the Poaceae family. The
two popular species of lemongrass are East Indian (Cymbopogon
flexuous) and West Indian lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus).
usually added to make curry and soups as well as used in marinades
and stir-fry dishes.
Even though citronella is a well-known natural insect repellent with
lemon scent, lemongrass herb is now applied more often in natural
formulations. Besides, it is also adopted for ornamental purposes.
Lemongrass Nutrition Facts and Calories
1 tablespoon (6 g) Whole Cumin Seeds
Make: 4 cups
- 2 Stalks Lemon Grass, chopped into tiny pieces
- 4 1/2 Cups Water
- Place the lemon grass and water into a big pot. Over a medium heat,
Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer for 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then strain the lemongrass tea into a jug.
- Finally, add the honey to taste.
Lemongrass Side Effects
Just like any medicinal herbs, proper care needs to be taken when
taking lemongrass herb. There isn't any known negative effect of
lemongrass when used with other supplements or drugs. It should be
safe for long-term use. However, use moderately as a starter.
Related Herbs and Spices Articles: